Terms and conditions of use
Applicability and definitions
- These general terms and conditions are applied to the services (“Service”) provided by Connexor Ltd. (“Connexor”) to its customer (“User” or “You”). User agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) and what is stated elsewhere in this whole document (“Document”). The act of subscribing or using the Service activates this Agreement. There is no signature required.
- “User” is defined as a single person, who has subscribed to or is using the service.
- Connexor's web services apply various natural language processing techniques to analyze natural language texts. The service contains multi-lingual languages analysis components, including tokenization, morphological analysis, part-of-speech tagging, named entity recoginition, ontologies, syntactic and semantic analysis components.
- Customer sends texts using API and receives analysis Results.
Access to Service
- Connexor grants the User a right to use and access the Service. The right is limited to User’s own internal business use as further specified in this Agreement. The User agrees not to sell, rent, lease, distribute, transfer or otherwise make available to third parties the right granted herein.
- There may be restrictions in the access. Check the AuthorizationKey notes, purchase orders or other annexes for details, if applicable.
- The User may not use the service to develop competing or similar analysis systems.
- The user may use the Results.
- In the free service, the user may not save the analysis Results in a database or a permanent file.
User may not access the Service if the Customer is Connexor’s direct competitor.
- The User shall ensure the passwords are secured and not to disclose user IDs, passwords or authentication keys to third parties. The User agrees to notify Connexor without delay should the user ID or password become known to a third party or if the Customer suspects any misuse of the user ID or password.
- Connexor has the right to demand that the User without undue delay changes the password required to use the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Title, copyright and other intellectual property rights to the Service and related documentation, including all amendments and updates thereto, shall exclusively vest with the Connexor or a Third Party excluding Customer Data as specified below.
- Title, copyright and other intellectual property rights to material uploaded to the Service by the User (“Customer Data”) shall vest with the User’s employer. Connexor has the right to use Customer Data only for purposes of this Document, development of the Service and for statistical purposes.
- The parties recognize that the Service is delivered via the data communications network and that no software copies are delivered to the Customer.
- Connexor® is a registered trademark owned by Connexor Ltd.
Service level agreement
- In the free service, Connexor does not quarantee any service level, functionality or access to the service. If the Service does not work, you should wait and try again.
- Otherwise, the service level is annexed separately.
Content of the Service and amendments
- Connexor shall have the right without notifying the User to make such amendments to the Service that do not materially affect the content of the Service and the service level.
- Connexor has the right to prevent the Customer from using the Service if Connexor has reasonable grounds to suspect that the User is using the Service contrary to this Agreement or that the User is burdening the Service in an exceptional manner.
- Connexor’s total aggregate liability towards the User in respect of any cause of action relating to or arising out of this Agreement shall not exceed the amount paid by the User in recurring fees during the last twelve months prior the cause for the claim has arisen. Connexor shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential damage. The limitations of liability specified herein shall not apply to damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence or breach of confidentiality provisions. Any claim for damages has to be presented within three months from the date the claiming party learned or should have learned the cause for the claim.
Breach of contract and Termination
- Both parties have the right to terminate the contract in case either party is in breach of any of the terms in this Contract.
- The Customer can discontinue the Service by ending the subscription before a new Contract Term starts.
- Connexor may termintate the free Service anytime.
- Neither party shall have the right to assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder to any third party without the prior written consent of the other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing each party may transfer its receivables under this Agreement to a third party. Connexor may transfer this Agreement and the rights and obligations hereunder to such a third party to which the business activities related to this Agreement has been transferred.
Governing law and dispute resolution
- This Agreement shall be governed by Finnish law.